BJSS, the UK’s leading privately-owned IT and business consultancy, and winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, has today announced the appointment of Konrad Empacher as the Head of its Digital Delivery Hub in Bristol.
Empacher is stepping up from his previous role as BJSS’ Engagement Lead, which he has held since joining the company in 2016. In this new role, Konrad will be responsible for the operational leadership and strategic direction of BJSS in the South West region.
The appointment comes at an exciting time for BJSS’ Bristol operations. The company has achieved significant growth since it opened the doors of its Digital Delivery Hub in 2016 with a team of 20. Having grown five-fold in less than two years this number now stands at 130 employees, majority of whom have been hired from the region. This is a result of a significant period of growth and investment in the city by the company.
Konrad’s appointment signals a continued focus on growth for the company which will see the team implementing a number of initiatives both from an employee and community perspective. These include:
- Moving to larger facilities to support future growth objectives and commitment to employing local talent.
- Continued expansion of the graduate programme, which has quadrupled since 2017
- Greater engagement with the local community through the delivery of ‘tech talks’, contributing to Bristol’s agenda to become the UK’s digital hub.
- Continued support for not-for-profit organisations, including Help For Heroes and Amnesty International.
- Continued focus on providing essential coding skills to school children aged between 11 and 16 in Bristol in collaboration with Turinglab who to date have trained over 130 local children
- Increased focus on promoting employee diversity
Konrad Empacher, BJSS Head of the Bristol Digital Delivery Hub, comments: “The BJSS Digital Delivery Hub in Bristol continues to be of strategic importance for the company. Since the hub’s inception back in 2016, we have expanded our talented team five-fold, including full-stack software engineers, UI & website specialists, test engineers, mobile application developers and UX (User Experience) consultants. As a result, our local clients have enjoyed increased collaboration and innovation with us, as well as technical design, prototyping and product innovation services.
“Bristol’s thriving technology community has helped the Digital Delivery Hub to become what it is today. In return BJSS is aiming to move to larger offices in the area, increase our local graduate intake, and continue to engage with the Bristol community in order to nurture local talent and reduce the digital skills gap.” he added.
BJSS Corporate Communications Contacts:
Public Relations Advisors to BJSS
Tel: +44 20 3725 2339
BJSS Media Relations
Tel: +44 20 7337 9800