PUBLIC SECTOR IT IS UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF DRAMATIC CHANGE
Responding to cost pressures, whilst reducing their dependency on traditional suppliers, Public Sector and Healthcare organisations are embracing Open Source products, and are increasingly using Agile as a method to drive innovation.
As one of the largest technology providers to the UK Central Government and the NHS, BJSS works extensively with public sector organisations. We have deployed our Queen’s Award-winning delivery approach – Enterprise Agile, to help organisations including the Home Office, FCO, DVSA and Disclosure Scotland to transition from traditional Waterfall techniques.
INNOVATING FOR THE UK PUBLIC SECTOR
BJSS has always been at the forefront of helping clients adopt new technologies and deliver step-change improvements in productivity and efficiency. Nowhere is this more than in the powerful combination of Agile delivery methods, Open Source software and public Cloud technology adoption in the UK Public Sector.
- For the Foreign and Commonwealth Office we delivered Crisis Hub, the first security-accredited public Cloud-hosted solution in the UK public sector, developed entirely using Open Source in the public Cloud. Crisis Hub provides FCO staff around the world with immediate access to crucial information during crises affecting UK citizens.
- For the NHS, we delivered and continue to support the NHS Spine 2 transformation. NHS Spine 2 achieved an 89% reduction in response time, saving the NHS 750 hours every day and £21 million every year.
- Also for the NHS, we delivered e-RS (Electronic Referral System), the solution that enables patients to manage their own clinical appointments. BJSS is currently working with NHS Digital to migrate e-RS to the Cloud – the largest Cloud migration project in the UK Public Sector.
- For DVSA’s replacement of the MOT system, we helped introduce a next-generation service used by over 22,700 independent MOT vehicle testing centres and 88,000 unique users. To deliver the next-level of support and delivery flexibility required, we re-invented Cloud-hosted development and production environments. BJSS platform engineers work within delivery teams in our ISO 27001-compliant facility delivering and supporting a ground-breaking Cloud-hosted solution. Service levels and quality have increased dramatically, whilst costs and time implement changes are significantly reduced.
- For another government agency, BJSS delivered the first ever hosting of OFFICIAL SENSITIVE data in the public Cloud. The solution has been accredited by the Home Office and the Police to store Police data in AWS and integrate with Police systems.
WITH A BROADER PERSPECTIVE, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
We bring fresh perspectives to our clients in the Public Sector and Healthcare industries.
By enabling technology transformation, public organisations can solve society’s greatest challenges, serve the public better, and apply greater rigour to the use of national resources. These are our thoughts on how healthcare providers and Public Sector organisations can achieve this.
By encouraging the adoption of Open Source and Agile, the UK Government has been able to benefit from technologies that outperform their commercial alternatives while delivering dramatic cost-savings without compromising reliability or security. Since the...read more
Even small changes, implemented as part of the journey to Agile, can improve the quality of an IT project. Industry recognises Agile for delivering a viable product with greater speed and confidence, and for favouring user-centric features instead of what...read more
Has big business taken its dependence on software too far? Or can it successfully mitigate risk through simple testing techniques? The biggest #EpicFails provide the answer. It’s finally happened. We’ve allowed software to become so ingrained in our...read more
The government realised every pound of public money had to produce the best possible outcome as well as remaining under its control. There was a time before G-Cloud when public sector IT contracts were as large as the sector itself. Procurement processes...read more