- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Bristol
Posted 10 months ago
BJSS builds business solutions using agile methods and digital technologies by working with senior leaders to shape and form strategies and solutions, test out innovative ideas efficiently, and ultimately help clients realise new business value.
You will be responsible for creating and improving the user experience for our clients, helping to shape the end solutions and products so that they are intuitive and designed with the end-user in mind.
Our unique selling point (USP) is that, unlike many newly formed digital agencies, our digital and transformation consulting is based on more than 20 years of hard-earned experience delivering enterprise scale solutions using agile delivery methods.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small and growing team. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to help shape the User Experience capability area. We are looking for high-energy, user-driven and ambitious consultants who want to contribute to the growth of our new propositions.
- Set the direction for client engagements and lead discovery engagements Design, plan and lead user research activities
- Synthesise insights from discovery and incorporate into UX deliverables
- Produce high quality Customer Experience and User Experience outputs including personas, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
- Work with clients and developers to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Engage in user testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs
- Work collaboratively within agile working teams alongside business analysts, system architects, developers and testers
- Keep up with UX design best practices & trends and incorporate into deliverables
- Run workshops with our clients and present deliverables to senior stakeholders
- Help define the UX Design Process working alongside other disciplines
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a UX Designer
- Coming from a web design background would be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in scoping (project estimation), planning and delivering UX projects for a range of systems, apps and digital interfaces
- Demonstrated experience creating detailed user journeys, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and UI design for complex systems, web and mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience in applying user research techniques including interviewing, shadowing, usability testing, UI reviews & competitive benchmarking
- Preferably have experience working in agile teams to deliver rapid prototypes/ proof of concepts
- Experience using design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign OmniGraffle, Sketch, , Balsamiq, Axure
To be considered for the role, all candidates are required to provide a portfolio of work to detail experience, UX process and deliverables across a range of projects, channels and sectors.
As a member of the digital and transformation team you will undertake a range of consulting activities across sectors.
Strategy and Roadmap Development
You will work with our clients to re-imagine their business with less bureaucracy, less cost and better outcomes through the use of digital technologies. This includes conducting research into emerging technologies and techniques, services and business models, gathering insightful data and developing thought leadership that is relevant and valuable to clients.
Analysis & Ideation
Building on a digital strategy, you will work with clients to shape and form implementable solutions and project plans to implement and transform data exploitation strategy. You will lead and take part in client workshops, undertake research, business analysis, ideation, and ultimately create solution designs.
You will provide advice to our clients that helps them clarify the challenges and opportunities that digital disruption brings to them.
Innovation is the key to future success, especially in the rapidly changing digital world. You will work with internal and client teams to develop new ways of working through the use of digital technologies; building on BJSS’ experience in implementing quality technical solutions in some of the world’s biggest organisations. You will draw on the skills and experience from across BJSS’ 500+ staff as each problem demands.