- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Leeds, Glasgow
Posted 2 weeks ago
Are you excited by the challenge of creating digital services that work across multiple channels and devices?
Do you get a buzz from creating compelling user experiences in web or mobile applications?
Do you want an opportunity to deliver quality digital solutions for wide range of top tier clients in a collaborative environment with an established software delivery organisation?
Have you ever wanted to be part of an experienced team that values innovative, usability-lead design solutions to complex business problems?
If you have said yes to all of the above, then we need to talk!!
Our Service design proposition has been established and has grown rapidly over the past 18 months. We’re looking for an experienced UI Designer to join the crew.
We take a Design Thinking approach, but our unique selling point is that, unlike many newly formed digital agencies, our UX work is grounded in more than 20 years of hard-earned experience delivering enterprise scale technology solutions. We bridge the gap between good design and high-quality software engineering.
As a BJSS UI Design consultant you will typically work as part of a multi-skilled team. Activities you will be responsible for include user and market research, user journey mapping, workshopping, wire-framing, interaction and UI designs, rapid prototyping and usability testing.
To join the team you must have demonstrable experience as an Interaction/UI Designer, either internally within a large organisation or a leading consultancy.
- Experience as a UI Designer
- Strong working knowledge of the latest digital design software packages (Sketch, Adobe CS)
- Strong understanding of the latest UI design techniques, tools and terminology
- Demonstrable experience of wireframing and prototyping tools (Omnigraffle, Axure, InVision)
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of UI design techniques (conceptual work is acceptable) across web and mobile
- An understanding of UI best practice around accessibility/enhanced digital requirements
- Experience with motion/video would be a big bonus
- Experience of testing your designs with users would be a big bonus
This is a really exciting time to join BJSS and specifically our Service Design capability, as we are going through a large growth period and therefore this role will help to shape what the team looks like for the future.