- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Manchester, Glasgow
Posted 5 months ago
BJSS believes in investing in our employees, to nurture their ambitions of becoming the best software engineers possible. Projects are multi-disciplinary teams, if you want to surround yourself with strong technical people with a passion for technology and a deep-rooted focus on delivering quality, then BJSS is the place for you!
Key responsibilities of a BJSS Test Manager:
- Experience in defining and implementing appropriate Test Strategy and Approach
- Develop Test Plan as required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan
- Strong project management skills
- Resource planning
- Demonstrable knowledge of generating and communicating Test Metrics and Reporting
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by BJSS
- Experience of reviewing documentation
- Ensure content and structure of all test documents / artefacts are documented and maintained
- Understand and provision hardware and software requirements for the test team where required
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones
- Provide test estimates
- Experience in working with Technical Architects to understand technical risk
- Involvement in technical discussions with development and peer group
- Report issues and risks to the Project Manager
- Approximately 3+ years’ working experience in a Test Management role
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Be confident in escalating any issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to your Project Manager
- Strong client facing skills
- Experience of working on (preferably large scale) projects throughout the SDLC
- Exposure to a Service Delivery environment
- Experience of mentoring and training others
- Strong background in Agile working practices
- Experience of recruitment and selection
- Hands on technical experience
- Experience in Line Management
- Relevant domain experience (Banking & Finance, Public Sector, Commodities, Technology, Media & Telecoms, Retail)
- Be a proactive and organised self-starter with excellent communication skills, who is motivated to get the job done and flexible in their approach. It is essential that you are open to new learning.
- Be able to provide examples of your ability to perform well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our developers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
Clients turn to us for development-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
Engagements may be delivered from our own offices or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.