- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Bristol, Nottingham
Posted 2 years ago
What is your opinion of DevOps, Agile delivery and full stack engineering and how might you go about transforming traditional software delivery methods?
How would you implement a NoSQL OLTP database?
Can you implement a continuous delivery pipeline and how might we standardise aspects of it across our projects?
These are the types of questions that you’ll be asked by your clients, your colleagues and yourself at BJSS. You’ll advise on technology solutions ranging from enterprise scale systems for multinational leaders to unique exploitation of technology by business’ looking to disrupt their market. Your input will shape the approach that our clients take and the BJSS approach to technology itself.
You’re a technologist who sets direction for others, comfortable leading teams of other highly experienced technologists and keenly aware of changes to the landscape. You are hands-on, recently or currently from a development or technical architecture background, relishing being involved in the thick of project delivery. You’ll be equally comfortable working with technology and people, clients and colleagues alike and be seen as a natural decision maker.
We’re looking for people with passion and drive to join our multi-disciplined team with a background most likely in software development or architecture. You will devise ways to do things better, drive forward change, learn and explore new technologies. You’ll be interested in sharing our knowledge with others, internal and external, via formal or informal sessions and actively engage other disciplines to improve the understanding and effectiveness of how we work together to build better solutions. BJSS emphasizes collaboration across disciplines, championing a culture where everyone works together, owning and resolving challenges as a team.
- Able to advise a range of partners across diverse business and technology communities
- A technology leader able to set direction for your clients and BJSS
- A desire to spend time helping others learn and improve
- Champion new tools and techniques
- Apply novel techniques and tools to existing processes
- Adapt and improvise to overcome problems
- Able to challenge the status quo
- Understand modern/enterprise agile methods and be able to apply them
- A natural focus on the delivery of the whole project, not just a narrow vertical
- Understand the whole lifecycle including analysis, enterprise development, build & deployment, and support
If you have the right attitude and are willing to learn then you are the person we are looking for.