- Permanent (Full Time)
- Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham
Posted 2 years ago
We do not believe that successful project management is strongly related to management by Gantt chart. Rather we expect staff to get involved with the delivery team and delivery process (includes taking a variety of roles to “get things delivered” from analysis to technical input etc.).
Provision consultancy services, including planning, risk & issue management, status reporting, setting and controlling delivery standards. This person will also have to lead the team technically, providing technical leadership and direction as required. This person will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables to the project in both advisory and project delivery capacities.
Our people should expect to add real value from experience, insight, leadership by example and work effort. The role will be challenging and will position the successful candidate well for senior positions.
The role has responsibility for:
- Taking the lead on Software delivery projects
- Manging the full life-cycle of projects from planning through to lessons learnt
- Take responsibility for any recovery management (where necessary)
- Understand the key drivers in successful software development and act as an advisory consultant on agile/iterative development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc), design patterns, use cases, UML and automated testing
- Stakeholder management, sometimes up to ‘C’ level
- Leading a team of technical resources – guides, directs and motivates individuals or groups towards accomplishment of a common goal
- Establishes an appropriate course of action to meet project goals, sets up metrics and quality control processes to ensure reliability of performance, monitors performance and takes action when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open
- Assistance to management team of continual process improvement at BJSS.
- Good Project Management or Technical Team Lead experience.
- 7+ years IT delivery experience ideally within the service industry.
- 3 Years Project Management experience and several years Team Leadership experience.
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day running of assigned projects (both software and/or infrastructure projects) in a consultancy role
- Consultancy: Project Management based consultancy services, e.g. advice on UAT/OAT, test practice, iterative project design, and business analysis.
- Involvement in Process Improvement
- Strong awareness of business drivers and commercial acumen
Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our Project Managers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
Clients turn to us for project-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
Engagements may be delivered from our own offices in the City or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.