- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Bristol, Nottingham, Glasgow, New York
Posted 2 years ago
Key to success in this role is the experience, intelligence and personality of the individual, building good relationships with clients while drawing on experience and intelligence in the execution of their role, demonstrating understanding of domains as well as providing thought leadership and innovation, all appropriately tempered with pragmatism, delivery focus and of course the meeting of business benefits.
It is equally important that the candidate possesses excellent communication skills as the role frequently requires upward, outward and inward facing comms, Senior Management, Business and Technical Delivery respectively. As a technology evangelist, we expect you to cover the following responsibilities:
- Inspirational Delivery Leadership working closely with customers to realise design excellence
- Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings
- Document Quality Control/Quality Assurance Protocols
- Specification Process
- CDM Protocols
- Ensure Code and Regulation compliance on projects
- Manage and deliver various construction document packages
- 10+ years IT experience ideally within the service industry.
- 5+ years architecting enterprise solutions within .Net or J2EE architecture.
- 3+ years experience of Oracle or SQL Server (or any comparable enterprise scalable database technology).
- Experience, or certification, of TOGAF or Zachman frameworks is desirable.
- Experience of any Enterprise scalable messaging infrastructure (i.e. TIBCO, MQ) is desirable.
- Strong Object Oriented skills (e.g. from Java or C++).
- Strong UML design skills.
- Experience of iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.).
- Strong Quality Process Management experience (i.e. SCM, QA etc).
- Ideally some experience in ‘The City’ – this includes trading institutions (commodity trading, investment bank, brokerage or related software house). Ideally exposure to trading (equities, FX/MM, Bonds or similar) in trade capture or trading related projects.
- Project Delivery: Day-to-day delivery within assigned projects (both software delivery and infrastructure projects) both in a consultancy role at client sites and potentially on BJSS projects.
- Consultancy: Provision consultancy services, including planning, risk & issue management, status reporting, setting and controlling delivery standards. This person will also have to lead the team technically, providing technical leadership and direction as required. This person will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables to the project in both advisory and project delivery capacities.