- Permanent (Full Time)
- Leeds, London, New York
Posted 5 months ago
As a Delivery Consultant you will have the opportunity to deliver a wide range of solutions to a broad spectrum of clients. You will have direct access to our clients and will act as a subject matter expert within the development space and working in an agile environment you will deliver rapid and responsive solutions. As with all roles in BJSS, you will be expected to be creative and innovative when delivering high quality results.
You’re in charge of your destiny within BJSS and we will support you all the way. We will provide support and training, if it will clearly benefit both parties. You will have the opportunity to travel and get involved in a range of disciplines, to further develop you as a multi-faceted consultant.
Whilst no project, engagement or role at BJSS is the same, there are core sets of responsibilities for all of our Software Engineers that include:
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally at BJSS and at client sites
- Analysis and Design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well designed software, including the ability to communicate your design to others including clients
- Software Development: construction and testing of software components to a high standard within a team
- Quality Assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing. Eliciting and documenting System Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Commercial experience developing Android Apps’ (3 Years+)
- Experience in submitting applications to Google Store
- Experience in memory management, debugging, profiling, provisioning and the distribution of Android applications
- Knowledge of UI architectural patterns, and design of responsive UI’s that scale across a wide range of different device sizes
- Ability to optimise applications to reduce the amount of battery consumed by the device
- Experience of connecting to external data sources and APIs (using JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML etc.)
- Experience with Android automated testing frameworks (eg Calabash/Appium)
- Experience with integration to Analytics, Crash Reporting and Performance Profiling Providers
- Experienced use of source code version control – preferably with Git or Perforce.
- Quality led development focus (version control, unit testing, CI etc.)
- Knowledge of formal methodologies including Agile and iterative techniques
- Strong Software Engineering’ fundamentals and practical experience
- Java Experience
- Strong Object Oriented skills
Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our developers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
Clients turn to us for development-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
Engagements may be delivered from our own offices or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.