- Permanent (Full Time)
Posted 4 months ago
BJSS is one of those informal, forward thinking technology companies you have been searching for. You will not be stifled by large corporate processes, therefore able to be creative and challenge when needed. Our teams have created award-winning deliveries using pioneering technologies because we look to them to use and develop their expertise, not force them into a company mould. We also have a lot of fun along the way!
Interested? If so, read on…
You will have the opportunity to work with a range of diverse technologies across multiple business domains and project environments. We look for technologists who enjoy learning, building solutions using industry best practice and employing their development experience to assist in delivering quality solutions for our clients. Working in an Agile environment you will deliver rapid and responsive solutions. As with all roles in BJSS, you will be expected to be creative and innovative when delivering high quality results.
You’re in charge of your destiny within BJSS and we will support you all the way. We will provide support and training, if it will clearly benefit us all. You will have the opportunity to travel and get involved in a range of disciplines, to further develop you as a multi-faceted consultant.
Whilst no project, engagement or role at BJSS is the same, there are core sets of responsibilities for all of our Lead Developers that include:
- Building and developing the software development capability in Scotland
- Mentoring other technologists
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally at BJSS and at client sites
- Analysis and Design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well designed software, including the ability to communicate your design to others including clients
- Software Development: construction and testing of software components to a high standard within a team
- Quality Assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing. Eliciting and documenting System Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Strong “Software Engineering” fundamentals and practical experience as a full-stack or front-end Senior/Lead Developer
- Development of highly concurrent systems (multithreaded and/or distributed)
- Experience of web / app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop
- Persistence frameworks/APIs, such as JPA, Hibernate or Spring Data
- Exposure to Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development methodologies
- Deployment automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Cobbler, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP, Kanban etc.)
- Scripting experience such as BASH, Python, Ruby
- Exposure to automated integration testing through tools like Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber
- Exposure to enterprise messaging technologies / ESBs (JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Tibco EMS, IBM WebSphere MQ)
Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our developers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
Clients turn to us for development-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
Engagements may be delivered from our own offices or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.