- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Bristol, Nottingham
Posted 4 months ago
We do not believe that successful delivery management is strongly related to management by Gantt chart. Rather we expect staff to get involved with the delivery team and delivery process (including taking a variety of roles to “get things delivered” from analysis to technical input etc.).
Our people should expect to add real value from experience, insight, leadership by example and work effort. The role will be challenging and position the successful candidate well for senior roles.
The candidate will possess practical knowledge and a pragmatic approach to Agile and/or other iterative development methodologies (eg. SCRUM, RUP, XP) – Aligning to BJSS’ Enterprise Agile approach. You will be responsible for wrapping all this together to lead the delivery across a broad range of Projects and clients. No two BJSS projects are ever the same and we require people who have good business awareness, a performance bias to achieving results, the ability to lead, guide and motivate others, as well as mange upwards too. This role will be part of an already established team of Delivery Managers – where you will be part of an internal community that strives to deliver the very best solutions for our clients
Delivery – manage a cross-functional team, or teams, able to deliver applications and infrastructure change to support solutions or products on a day-to-day basis.
Understand and at times fulfill a variety of roles across the lifecycle in order to maintain a high pace of delivery – project management, provisioning management, release management, change management, service management, and operational management, for example.
Consultancy – Provision consultancy services, including planning, risk and issue management, status reporting, setting and controlling delivery standards. This person will also have to lead the team technically, providing leadership and direction as required. This person will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables to the project in both advisory and project delivery capacities.
- Good Project Management or Technical Team Lead experience.
- 7+ years IT delivery experience ideally within the service industry.
- Management experience and several years Team Leadership experience.
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day running of assigned projects (both software and/or infrastructure projects) in a consultancy role.
- Consultancy: Project Management based consultancy services, e.g. advice on UAT/OAT, test practice, iterative project design, business analysis. These are both in an advisory or project delivery capacity.
- Involvement in Process Improvement.
- Assistance to management team of continual process improvement.
- Strong awareness of business drivers and commercial acumen.
- Deploying solutions using public, private and hybrid cloud services.
- Implementing automated solutions for the provisioning of environments, deployment of applications, continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines – a good understanding of Open-Source, Cloud native and licensed tooling commonly used to support these types of solutions.
- Setting up, understanding and running DevOps organisations.
Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our Delivery Managers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
Clients turn to us for project-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
Engagements may be delivered from our own offices in the City or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.