- Permanent (Full Time)
- London, Bristol, Leeds, Nottingham
Posted 1 year ago
We are looking for talented software developers with experience of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and Apache Kafka, among other tools.
We build a range of capabilities for our clients; full scale enterprise-wide production data platforms ingesting and exploiting huge volumes of data to high value data innovation projects utilising machine learning. The problems our platforms solve range from how the weather will affect the crop growth on a daily basis through to identifying potential fraud.
We believe in agile delivery of big data projects, with fully automated testing and regular automated delivery into production. You will be confident in this environment, continuously looking to improve yourself and the team’s delivery.
This role will be open to working with any of our clients across various sectors and is client facing in part or full and will require travel to our client sites and therefore adaptability is a key quality that we will be looking for.
- Develop large scale data persistence and analysis solutions for large national and international clients, both batch and event based
- Integrate open source big data software to provide horizontally scalable end-to-end solutions
- Ensure all code will be highly performant, documented and tested fully
- Adapt to various environments with different volume based requirements, complex data and aggregation requirements
- Work closely with other SME’s, Business Analysts and Architects to understand the requirements and translate them into technical deliverables
- Hadoop certification is desirable
- Experience of Apache Spark and Apache Kafka
- Desired experience of Open Source NoSQL technologies; MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch etc.
- 5+ years of Development experience in Java, Scala or Python
- Distributed processing and multithreaded high performance experience
- Distributed programming experience; concurrency, locking, sorting and data partitioning
- Database development experience i.e. writing data access and query layers
- Development and test experience in an agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, should be able to multitask and switch gears quickly
- Consultancy experience is desirable
- Strong communicator and be able to interface with Application teams and add value
- Motivated and able to work autonomously as well as a member of a team
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of the SDLC process